Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Roses

Stephen and I got these on Sunday at the flower market near the town center. They were so pretty & were the cheapest bouquet of flowers that we saw. So, we purchased them, and they have made our apartment brighter. It's raining a steady rain right now. Yesterday, amazingly enough, it didn't rain at all - mostly cloudy though. We've been told (actually just Stephen has been told) that we will see this rainy, cloudy weather for the rest of the stay. I'll be on the lookout later today to purchase another umbrella. I went to the grocery store about 10 minutes away yesterday to look into umbrellas, but when I got there, the store was closed on account of the employees striking. Joy. So, I'll be trying a different store somewhere in the center of town today. I already bought one really cheap umbrella, but, you see, there's two of us - and we're usually not together during the day. We both did bring raincoats, though.

I'm trying to figure out how to not go to the grocery store everyday. I think I've managed every other day this week - which is an improvement over previous weeks.

And, it's stopped raining......only to come back again, I'm sure. :) Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such beauty!! Thank you, thank you, thank you for the pictures. As I think of your comments on the rain, I am reminded of something I read this last week: a small encouragement and/or challenge written in 1877. "I have not a shadow of doubt that if all our eyes could be opened today, we should see (in our homes and on our streets)...the 'chariots of God'...(any and all of our circumstances) as glorious chariots waiting to carry you to the very heights of victory you have so longed to reach." What about a long rainy season filled with roses?!