Thursday, November 02, 2006

Order's Up!!

Ok so I imagine everyone's getting hungry by now. I believe it's time for another food post.
You've heard about the carbonated ice tea, the bakery goods, the waffles, the chocolates, and much more. However, we've yet to let you in on the pies/cakes that the Belgiums love. I think every pie/cake cook here thinks he's an artist. Forunatley they don't make them too artsy that they're not edible. We've yet been able to try some of the huge beauties simply because Cherith and I couldn't eat it all! Maybe when Mom W. comes in a week we can delve into some more of these treats.

So here's the pics. They're from our visit to Antwerp a while back...don't mind the shop window glare.
Those are fresh currants (not dried) on the cake with the chocolate fondant.

They love their fruits. All kinds of fruit everywhere. And there's some more fondant. If you look closely on the strawberry ones on the left you'll see that they put some kind of glaze over the tops of these treats. I personally think it looks like lacquer although I imagine its edible. :)

There's a whole sea of them!!

Look there's fresh raspberries on some sort of pink cake. Notice the ribbon.....yup it's made of chocolate. Posted by Picasa

No comments: