Monday, December 11, 2006

Funny Lights

I was laughing a lot last Saturday looking at the Christmas decorations. The people who do the job of putting the lights on the trees - I don't think they believe in symmetry or order whatsoever. It looks like the goal was to get the job done as quickly as possible. So, I wanted to show pictures of the humorous lights.

It's a cold and rainy day today. I went grocery shopping and laundry cleaning. A lady at the grocery store correctly guessed that I'm from the U.S. However, a lady at the laundromat thought England was my home country. :) Another lady came in the laundromat and came straight to the back to where I was standing. She started talking to me in Dutch - and when I said, "Spreekt u engels?" She just covered her mouth, giggled and went and asked another man her question. Who knows - evidently it wasn't important enough for her to try to get me to understand.

Today is John Carson's (my brother-in-law or Ian's daddy, whichever you prefer) birthday! Happy birthday, John!!

When we get home - we will be gearing up for an incredibly busy Spring. We've got at least 4 people we know getting married and another niece or nephew to welcome into the world (not to mention our 2nd anniversary - yea!!). I'm excited!!

Stephen should be home in a little over an hour. I'll continue to play on the internet. It's frozen pizzas for dinner this evening. Yummy. Well, maybe not yummy, but, easy and a change. :)
 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those tree lights are funny! Well here's a quick Christmas lights story from Dailey, Colorado for you... Elijah has kindof taken over the job of getting out and putting up the Christmas decorations at our house.

After thanksgiving, he was putting up lights and was putting one long strand all the way around the living room.

Well, you know how lights have a plug on both ends- so you can connect more together? Well Elijah (being himself) plugged both ends into each other. I said, "it looks nice in here." And he said.. "yeah, now my only problem is, how do i get these things to come on? .... OH!" :) It helps to have electricity.