It's graduation time!! Last weekend was graduation at the UofA. It was a fun time despite the long ceremony and thunderstorms in the area. Although I don't defend my thesis until the 22nd of this month, yes also our anniversary too, I wanted to walk in the ceremony.
Here's a bunch of us Food Science students. Dr. Wang, Sarah Purcell, Me, George Ondier, Arvind Kannan, and Dr. Hettiarachchy. Sarah, me, and George got our M.S. Arvind got his PhD. Dr. Wang is my major advisor in carbohydrate chemistry whom Sarah and I work for. George and I share the same office.And of course can't forget the lovely Cherith. She put on quite a post graduation bash out at Hunt park despite being delayed a bit because of one of those t-storms.
Here's the cake she had done for the party. Look closely, notice anything unusual? It says I graduated with a M.S. in Food Service and not Food Science. Apparently, if anyone needs to start a restaurant or work in a cafeteria I'm your man.

1 comment:
Congratulations Stephen!! Now you can move on to bigger and better things.. and by bigger I of course mean TEXAS!
And happy anniversary to you guys also, hard to believe it has already been 3 years.
-ryan
Post a Comment