Our team has had a relatively uneventful entry into Monterrey today and arrival at our hotel. The hotel staff has been very friendly and we're all looking forward to getting some good work done tomorrow with our Latin/South American partners. The Monterrey city is nestled near a saddle type mountain range which is absolutely gorgous. Unfortunately most of the mountains were covered by clouds today. I'll have to take some more snapshots tomorrow to do this area of the world justice.
And yes, thank you everyone for your prayers of safety while I'm in Mexico right now. We can trust that every breath we take/don't take is by the soverign grace of God. That being said I'll be acting as prudent as the airport was being guarded today by light arms (M16's w/ M203 grenade launcher, Jeep mounted drum fed machine gun resembling a modified M60, MP5s, and other asorted submachine guns). Most of the action is happening north north west of us right now.
1 comment:
Be safe Stephen, we prayed for your safety this morning in staff meeting.
Post a Comment