Sunday, May 03, 2009

Dallas Arboretum

Well Cherith and I had a great weekend with some visitors who decided to spend some time in the Big-D. Megan, Brandy, & Ann all came down and we all had a great weekend. On Saturday we went to the Dallas Arboretum for the first time. You'll have to ask Cherith about her exciting time aquiring us the free tickets.


Despite the warm muggy air the Arboretum was very nice and had quite the selection of spring blooms.


Cherith and I were even able to get a couple snap shots of us. It's great since we don't have too many of the lovely couple....well too many that aren't taken from Cherith's or my outstreched arm holding the camera.


And of course there was something for everyone, even the guys!! I was able to find myself a great little pirate ship. Suffice it to say it made my day!

And if you should ask, we barely made it out of the Arboretum before the rain began to fall this weekend. And fall it did, we got 4-8" of rain around our apartment that afternoon!! Going to dinner that night there were white caps in the road and rivers we had to detour around!!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kristin said...

This looks like a beautiful place! Love the picture of you two also, very nice!

Kristin C. said...

I so want to go there sometime. :) CJ-do you think you could get us free tickets to the zoo? :) Also, thanks for making that lovely picture of Gillian and Cybil move down...

Mom W said...

I agree with Kristin about the Sybil pic!...poor puppy :(

I was thrilled for you to have fun company this weekend. I look forward to enjoying your continuing hospitality some day soon-ish!

Anonymous said...

Good pic of the lovely couple.