So Cherith and I were privileged enough to take in our first Hockey game together tonight. It was quite an experience I must admit. Although it was the preseason opener of the season we weren't 1 min 30 sec into the game when the gloves came off and the fists went a flying. I must admit it was a bit shocking to my head and as you can imagine to Cherith's as well. To think not 20 ft in front of us were these two grown men going at it. I don't think it helped things that the refs were letting them duke it out.

So yes we had pretty good seats...ok ok I don't think I could have bought much better seats in the house if I had all the money in the world. We were next to one of the goals about 5 rows up. We got to see every face that was plastered up against the plexiglass by the opposing team. I imagine Football is just as brutal of a contact sport but there you don't get to be an arms length away from the line of scrimmage, and that my dear friends changes everything.
Suffice it to say the game did settle down in the second and third periods (although the gloves did come off a couple more times). The play got really interesting and up tempo. It was wild to see each team make their pushes on the goal especially as fast paced as the game is. Cherith and I had a great time and will return again as soon as Uncle Frito's generosity returns....except this time we're both going to bring sweatshirts cause it was COLD!!

So yes we had pretty good seats...ok ok I don't think I could have bought much better seats in the house if I had all the money in the world. We were next to one of the goals about 5 rows up. We got to see every face that was plastered up against the plexiglass by the opposing team. I imagine Football is just as brutal of a contact sport but there you don't get to be an arms length away from the line of scrimmage, and that my dear friends changes everything.


1 comment:
Glad you got to see hockey in person, much better than on TV. I got to go with Park Bingham many years ago, we sat in the seats behind the goal you show.
Post a Comment