Until about 4hrs ago Cherith and I were on the fast track to being beanpoles. Not exaggerating, our first five days we probably walked at least 8 miles a day exploring all over town and ate a limited diet of Belgium baked goods, pastries, and the occasional wonderful dining at one of the many sidewalk cafes. Now that I’m working we’re into a more normal routine. I walk to work (25 min one-way) and also come home for lunch so I spend 1 ¾ hr on my feet. Cherith probably will be walking into the city center, where all the bustle is, about 3 times a week (6 miles). Now I say we WERE on the fast track not because we bought a car or rented bicycles, but because we discovered Belgian Chocolate. Wonderful, incredible, delectable stuff. And I’m not even a big fan of chocolate! My favorite so far is ‘Melk hazelnoten en rozijnen’ or Milk Chocolate with Hazelnuts and Raisins. I used to hate and I mean H-A-T-E ‘good chocolate’ because it just meant it was either crazily rich or dark. Not this stuff. It is without a doubt the best milk chocolate I’ve ever had. And who associates milk chocolate with good chocolate? The current ‘Cherith select’ is a chocolate called GuyLian. They are neat chocolates formed in the shapes of seahorses. They really are cool. I can’t really translate all what her container says but I know there are dark chocolate orange, caramel crisp, dark chocolate cappuccino, truffle, and dark & white chocolate strawberry choices in there. Oh and her thoughts on the chocolate? Well the box if half empty already! Ok well almost half empty J but still they are muy bueno.
And please don’t get burned out from this horribly text ridden blog. We’ve been having trouble posting pictures on the blog from internet cafes. Our internet gets turned on in the apartment this Monday, 9/18. We hope to overwhelm you then with pictures of this new life of ours.
Thursday, September 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm not bored...ever! It sounds incredible. Suzanne Somers says Belgium chocolate is QUALITY and markets her stuff using only it.
Love, Mom W
Yeah, I don't think anyone is bored w/the text filled blog. It's great to hear all your stories. Stephen I had now idea you were such a meticulas writer (in a good way:). You're very creative...I feel like i'm reading a short story. After seeing the pictures so far I can't wait to visit. It looks gorgeous there!
Well if I can figure out how to post a picture i'll have to show you guys my new ride...yup, no more truck :( :) It's bitter sweet.
Anyway, talk to you guys soon.
Andrew
Post a Comment