Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I Want To Live, Laugh, Louvre

Yes to all we did indeed take some time to explore the maze that is the Louvre. I have to admit I could spend at least a week there looking at every famous painting, sculpture, artifact that they have in that French Palace. It is definately tempting to get proud about what man has 'accomplished' after going through that place. Nevertheless, It was way cool.


Other then the Mona Lisa, Venus de Milo, etc. we thought Napolean's apartments there were way cool. Here is his dining room. Everything in that room down to the minute detail was intricate and laced in gold. I told Cherith we'd have to model our 'dining room' back in the U.S. after this one. I'm not sure our budget quite allows it as of yet. :)


Here are Cherith and I are in the garden outside the apse/ambulatory of Notre Dame Cathedral. We both enjoyed the gargoyles, flying buttresses, and of course crepes that this area of Paris had to offer.


And how can I finish off another Paris Post without a photo of the Eiffel Tower? It really is quite a site. We'd highly recommend it.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wah! Aol just lost my message! Maybe tomorrow I will try again :)

Anonymous said...

Here I am again...maybe I wrongly accused aol, maybe it was just a bizarre quirk...one of many for me :) I did not know if you would get inside the Lourve. It was really too much for me to comprehend in one visit--just sensory overload! I have not seen a picture of the "Hippopotamus" yet...not really expecting one though. Understanding how Notre Dame could have been built without modern technology and equipment kept eluding me when I was standing there.

Anonymous said...

Awesome pics guys!! I love the bright one of the two of you. It's classic!