We reserved our seats for 7:00pm. They had given us a table right by the window. So, the picture below is from our table back into the restaurant. It was a very very nice atmosphere. Around 8:00, the restaurant started filling up. Our meal took about 2 1/2 hours to complete. It was lovely.
Here is the outside of the fondue house. It looks like a 3-story building. I think that it was a family-run restaurant with the family living upstairs - because there was a little girl in there when we first got in (she was probably around 7-8 years old). And then around 7:45, the little girl shows up again in her pajamas. :) It was very cute.
And here is a picture of our table with our meal. It's kinda dark - but you can definitely see the blue light of the flame under the oil/rosemary mixture. There is a bowl to the left of the fondue pot that has about 12 pieces of really nice beef. They brought out 6 sauces in little ceramic boat-things: sweet & sour, fresh herbs, curry & banana, dijon-like mustard, garlic, and spicy. They were all pretty good. There was also a mixed salad and a big bowl of fries. I really enjoyed the meal because I could have several really nice cuts of meat and cook them they way I like them. Needless to say, our clothes smelled like hot oil when we left. :)
We were happy to be able to talk to & see both sides of the family yesterday. Not as good as being there, but at least it was something!! We'll be watching the Arkansas-LSU game starting at 8:30pm our time. Hopefully that will have a happy ending. Happy Thanksgiving weekend!!




2 comments:
Wow! You guys look great :). The restaurant was really pretty as well. I think you'll have to go back and order the cheese fondue. :) We've missed you this Thanksgiving but hope you know that you've been on our hearts and minds.
Remember the movie, "Return to Me"? The little girl in her pj's reminded me. I am glad your Thanksgiving was memorable...unbelievable that soon it will be only a memory!
Post a Comment