Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Merry Christmas Everyone!! But before we get to that Cherith found this hilarious 24h fresh bread vending macine. It really cracks me up. You see ALL the bread here will go stale in less than 3 days. In fact Cherith and I have yet to actually finish a loaf before it went stale!! Now don't let me lead you astray....the bread is really really good it just stales pretty fast. Anyway we've seen people get bread out of this thing on Sunday. I imagine that's because the grocery stores and bakeries are closed then. Good times good times.




Now to the Christmas festivities. Andrew and Ann's flight arrives 6:15pm (or 11:15am CST) on Thursday and we're really excited. Excited to see family & excited to kick off this Christmas celebration. The city has already done some extensive decoration as we've mentioned. I'm sure you all will get to see more of it in the coming days. Nevertheless here's one neat building that has Christmas cheer!!



There's also rumor amongst the weather men that snow is in the forcast. However cause of the wind off of the North Sea it is hard to predict the weather here. Hopefully the snow will come before we all leave for Scotland!!
And of course you can't have Christmas without a Christmas tree. So here's our beauty. Don't let looks be deceiving it really isn't as big as it looks! As you can see Cherith decided this year to go for a Paris themed Christmas tree :) She also picked out a lovely red tree skirt to give it some balance (its really a cheap red scarf).




So if you don't check the blog again before the holiday is over we want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas!!!






Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The count down for Ann and I is T minus 1h 25m before we depart to the airport:)

See you guys soon!

Anonymous said...

Wow, we will miss all four of you guys during the holidays. BUT, what fun you can have--the excitement and adventure of travelling just adds to your Christmas season break. I love the beautiful greenery and ribbon on that building. Thanks again for all the pictures. Your tree is not so pointy as I usually see, but the decorating is classy!!