Sunday, January 14, 2007

A Little Bit of Randomness

Hello everyone...yes I'm still alive and kickin over here. Some good news for those of you who haven't heard. I will be able to return to the U.S. on January 21st instead of February 4th!! Exactly 2 weeks early!
I can definitely say from my stint here alone that I do not envy military families....I honestly don't know how they do it. I think I would go nuts if I had to stay here without Cherith the full 27 days we were originally expecting.
Anyway here's some more photo randomness....
These are the famous Highland Cows or Heilan Coos I believe they are called. They are quite hilarious. A&A, Cherith, and I discovered that our B&B on Skye had some of these cows as we were leaving the isle. They truly are quite the funny animal.
Somehow I failed to mention Gravensteen Castle (or Castle of the Counts) that is here in Ghent. I didn't realize that until Andrew mentioned something when we took them by it. I guess it was another one of those things that I was saving up for a blog. Oh well. Anyway it's a neat castle...very medieval. It has a moat and several inner and outer walls. Some of you may have seen it from afar on Ghent pictures that we have previously posted.
Way back when it was warm and not so rainy here Cherith and I would see hot air balloons almost every saturday and sunday. They were quite neat to see. This photo was taken from our apartment window.
Last but not least...cj I know many of you have seen this photo before. It was taken in Greve in Chianti, Italy. However, its of Cherith, I like it a lot, and I don't need much more of a reason to post it. It is my current desktop wallpaper as well. I Love You Cherith. I can't wait to get back home!!
That's it for now folks...check back later.

2 comments:

Cherith said...

i love you too!! 7 days is too long. :( i miss you too much.

Anonymous said...

Neat assortment of pictures. What an opportunity to travel as much as you did from your Ghent home base! I wonder what you (and Cherith) will remember as your best and worst experiences during your overseas living in several categories...while in Belgium, then in Italy, in Paris, in England, and in Scotland. Someday, it would be fun to hear those stories. Finish well, Stephen. We love you.