Thursday, January 18, 2007

Another Post

Goodenmidag,
Well everyone only a couple more days left. If you don't mind the 50mph winds here or the forecast of major snow/ice this weekend back in NWA I should be home on Sunday!! Sure I've got a lot of stuff to do and could bore you with all that. However, I'll leave you all with a couple of my favorite moments here in Europe interspersed with my favorite Hymn, It is Well With My Soul. The hymn has been a source of encouragement for me while here by my lonesome.
When peace like a river attendeth my way, when
Sorrows like sea billows roll; What ever my lot, Thou hast
Taught me to say, “It is well, it is well with my soul.”
Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come, Let
This blest assurance control, That Christ has regarded my
Helpless estate, And hath shed His own blood for my soul.

My sin O the bliss of this glorious thought, My
Sin not in part but the whole, Is nailed to the cross and I
Bear it no more. Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

And, Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight, The
clouds be rolled back as a scroll, The trump shall resound and the
Lord shall descend, “Even so” it is well with my soul.

No comments: