We're back!! Cherith and I had a great time with Justin, Sarah, Andrew, & Ann in the Smoky Mountains for the past week. There's definitely stuff to blog about for a while.
First off, Zorbing. Justin and Sarah had been Zorbing before when they lived in New Zealand so when the first Zorbing in the USA opened up in Tennessee they had to go, thus sparking our trip to the Smoky Mountains.
Zorbing involves 1 really really really big plastic zorb (ball) about 10 feet tall and a mountain. You climb into a suspended smaller ball inside and then gravity does the rest. As crazy as it sounds it really was a blast. I was surprised at how much fun I had. Cherith and I chose to do a 'Hydrozorb' where they fill the inside ball partially with water before you roll down the hill. Here's a couple of photos of Cherith enjoying herself. She was actually the first one to zorb on our trip!
First off, Zorbing. Justin and Sarah had been Zorbing before when they lived in New Zealand so when the first Zorbing in the USA opened up in Tennessee they had to go, thus sparking our trip to the Smoky Mountains.
Zorbing involves 1 really really really big plastic zorb (ball) about 10 feet tall and a mountain. You climb into a suspended smaller ball inside and then gravity does the rest. As crazy as it sounds it really was a blast. I was surprised at how much fun I had. Cherith and I chose to do a 'Hydrozorb' where they fill the inside ball partially with water before you roll down the hill. Here's a couple of photos of Cherith enjoying herself. She was actually the first one to zorb on our trip!
Here's a pic of me zorbing as well. I decided I'd roll up in a ball on my way down, you really get tossed around that way. Justin and Sarah each tried to run in there's like a big hamster wheel. Suffice it to say they'd only get about 20ft before slipping and getting tumbled about.
Here's a picture of one of the staff moving the zorbs around. They really are pretty big. And the space inside is suspended with hundreds of small strings. I think I'll ask for one of these for Christmas next year. :)

1 comment:
I can 'hear' the excitement! Oh, my.
Post a Comment