Saturday, July 19, 2008

Why does Osama have to be so mean if he eats such good food?

Yup that's right everybody Cherith and I got some Afghan cuisine last night. I had been recommended it from my coworkers. They said it's like Indian and middle eastern food combined. Anyway Cherith got the Chicken Kabob and I got a wonderful dish called Qabili Palao. The menu said "Seasoned Lamb or Chicken, served with saffron rice and covered with sauted sweat carrots and raisins" but all my mouth knew was heaven. It really was incredible, probably jumped into my top 5 meals of all time!!
Cherith got a kick out of me having such a good time with my meal, but really I think it's because she just had a grilled kabob. Mind you I sampled hers and it was really good, you just have a limit with what you can do on the grill.
Oh also, before we started the meal we got some bread that was like naan but a little more bread like. It came with an interesting green sauce that after much deduction was made of cilantro and some kind of peppers. The flavors start with a curious spike of cilantro and then follows with a very strong hotness. Not burn the fire out of your mouth hot but a very strong and warming hot. It was very good, very different, but good nonetheless.

Apparently the restaurant owner and his family had just opened up his first restaurant in Washington D.C. months before September 11th. Suffice it to say that restaurant didn't do to well. Cherith and I felt sorry for the guy, who knows what kind of wonderful things he went through. Anyway, he moved to the Dallas area and tried starting again. Good thing he did, cause otherwise Cherith and I wouldn't be able to eat there!! :)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting sounding place...what was your less "culinarily" adventurous family member's take on the food? :)
Thanks for the "picturesque" updates of your life in Texas. They are anticipated and enjoyed!

Unknown said...

I'd like to recommend a place in Dallas called Chuy's. It has some great TexMex cuisine, which is a combination of Southern American and Mexican Food. The comida deluxe is my favorite entree but you really can't go wrong with any of the fine dishes on the menu. Try it out ant let me know what you think.

-ryan