Saturday, February 21, 2009

Rough little bit...

When I started this post I was going to list our many of the bad things that Cherith and I have had going on in our lives the last 10 days. It seems like everything has been breaking from her BMW to the DVD Player to the Vacuum. However, I thought to talk about something a little more important.

About 10 days ago our beloved Sunday school teacher Harold Hoehner passed away suddenly and unexpectedly. Cherith and I were in shock. It hadn't been 2 weeks earlier that Harold and his wife had taken us out to lunch after church. We truly enjoyed the deep academic thought and evaluation that his class provided. I actually had to mentally prepare myself every week, because it was like drinking from a fire hose. Despite his age Harold had a very sharp academic mind and his love for the Word of God was clear. I can't help but feel selfish to wish he was still with us so I can continue to learn and grow. Nonetheless, we've come to grips with the realization that was the Lord's will for him to come home. If for no other purpose in my life Harold has left a lasting impression on me: I too want to have a sharp mind that lives, breathes, & wrestles with the things of God until the very day I die.

http://www.dts.edu/about/news/20090212_tribute_to_harold_w_hoehner/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an urgent challenge, a challenge compelling immediate action...to be submitting ourselves to God for His transformation of our own lives, so that we can be useful to Him until our VERY LAST BREATH. May His will be done on earth as it is in heaven...to God be the glory.